To Our Valued Patients,
We at Fetner and Hartigan are happy to announce that our office is open again. This has been a difficult time for all of us, and we know many are anxious to return to a normal life. However, the threat of Covid-19 is not gone. There are many factors to consider as we all begin our public lives anew.
We are happy to say that there have been no confirmed or suspected cases of Covid-19 among any of the staff or doctors at Fetner and Hartigan, nor, to our knowledge, any of our patients. We hope you have been healthy as well.
At Fetner & Hartigan, we have always been devoted to proper infection control, meeting and exceeding CDC, OSHA and EPA guidelines. Several additional measures are being taken to protect everyone:
- Powerful UVC ultraviolet light/HEPA grade filters are installed in treatment rooms and the reception. They change over room and disinfect the air once every 15 minutes.
- All front desk staff will wear masks, all treating staff/doctors will wear N95 masks or equivalent, as well as other PPE. We are asking all patients to as well.
- New cough shields have been installed at all front desk spaces.
- Temperatures will be recorded every morning and all day for doctors, staff, and patients.
- Patients must maintain a six foot distance from each other in the reception rooms or can wait in their cars if they prefer and we will call when it is time to be seated.
- Family members and others who accompany you to your appointment should stay in the car if possible. We will make arrangements for parents and sedated patients.
- We are asking all our patients and necessary escorts to wear a mask to your visits with us. A scarf or bandana will work as a substitute.
All our patients should be aware that most of our procedures are elective. The CDC has stated that the following populations with these conditions are at a greater risk for severe illness from Covid-19:
- Chronic lung disease
- Serious heart conditions
- Chronic kidney disease
- Severe obesity
- Age greater than 65
- Liver disease.
- Any other serious underlying medical conditions that could put you at higher risk for severe illness
If you have any of these conditions you should take the increased risk into account before coming in for your appointment. Your health is our biggest concern.
If you have any symptoms of an illness, such as a fever, cough, chills, etc. or have been abroad or to a COVID-19 “hot-spot,” please contact our office to reschedule your appointment.
We would like to thank all our patients for helping us keep everyone safe.
Alan, Mary, Michael, Alex and our Fetner & Hartigan staff.