At Fetner & Hartigan, we feel very blessed and have always felt compelled to “pay it forward” whenever we can. Here are a few of the ways we try to repay the community and the profession in thankfulness for what we have been given.
- Fetner and Hartigan Dental Hygiene Scholarship: Since 1990, more than $100,000 has been donated to scholarships for dental hygiene students at Florida State College Jacksonville. Money is raised from an annual “Update in Periodontics” lecture by our doctors to the community doctors and hygienists.
- University of Florida College of Dentistry: Drs. Fetner and Hartigan have served on the courtesy faculty once a month for over 20 years.
- Wounded Warrior: Donations of money and dental treatment at no charge to treat wounded vets.
- Sulzbacher Center for the Homeless: Dr. Hartigan serves on the board. We donate dollars and our staff has served meals at this homeless center dedicated to getting people back on their feet. We also donate dental treatment to their clients in our office.
We contribute dental treatment or donations to:
- Give Kids a Smile: donated dental treatment every year
- Smile Train: monetary donations to cleft palate and cleft lip surgery for children
- Lakeshore Baptist Church mobile dental clinic: donated dental treatment
- Project Dentists Care: donated dental service
- City Rescue Mission
- Clara White Mission
- Nation Jewish Federation
- Catholic Charities
- Women’s Help Center: health care and help for women and infants
- Fleming Island and Middleburg High Schools
- San Marco Preservation Society
- Humane Society